Cough is natural and nothing to worry about. But if it gets out of control, then it might become a serious problem. Extreme coughing can cause some bacterial infection, allergy, etc. Various herbal remedies treat cough within the second, one of them is Torex herbal syrup in India. The below-mentioned remedies are readily available at home. So, here are 6 natural cough remedies that every child needs-
- Honey- If you have a sore throat, then honey is the effective remedy. Clinical studies have found that honey is a useful remedy that helps in relieving cough and sore throat. Honey is available in grocery shops, medical shops. You can take honey directly in a spoon or mix it in warm water or green tea to get effective results.
- Drink warm water- When you feel a little dry cough, it is the right time to shift to warm water. Drinking warm water can help to treat cough and it would be better if you add some peppermint leaves in water and drink daily till the cough is treated.
- Peppermint- Peppermint or pudina leaves are also well-known for healing properties. During a mild cough eating peppermint leaves or just adding a few leaves in herbal tea could be effective in curing the cough.
- Ginger- Along with honey and peppermint, ginger can also cure cough. Drinking ginger tea is recommended during cough that helps relieve the throat. Ginger has antibacterial properties that relieve pain and discomfort.
- Saltwater gargles- Gargling is another solution for cough. All you need is to take one cup of warm water and add one teaspoon of salt and add it to the water. Now use this water for gargling. It will help to relieve the irritation.
- Steam- Another method to cure cough is taking steam. Steam is the oldest method used since the 80s-90s. Steamers are readily available in the market, you can have those and fill them with half hot water into it and if necessary you can add some essential oils too. When it completely gets hot the steam will come outside, you can place a towel over the head and inhale the vapors for 5 minutes. It is advisable to take this steam twice time in a day. Frequent use of steam can cure cough and cold.
Or else, if you do not have a steamer at home then boil water in a mettle bowl\ pan and take steam for about 5 minutes by covering the head with a towel and inhale the vapors.
- Turmeric- Turmeric or Haldi not only helps in brightens the skin texture or relieving digestion but an effective remedy for curing cough. It is advisable to drink turmeric milk at least one time a day. You can also even use Torex cough syrup for child made from herbal ingredients.
Home-remedies work great in curing cough. All the above-mentioned remedies are effective and give positive results if used in a prescribed manner.