Having a wedding party to attend but do not like to attend social gatherings? Do you feel embarrassed for your misaligned or crooked teeth? If your answer to these questions is yes, then Invisalign is considered to be a suitable option for getting your teeth straightened and improving overall appearance. There arises an important question, “Can Invisalign help to overcome the problem of your uneven teeth?” According to the best Invisalign dentist in London, you are asked to wear the braces inside your mouth for the specified time. Thus, other people won’t even know about them unless you tell as these are virtually invisible. Go through this blogpost to know about 10 tips on Invisalign that will make your treatment smooth and comfortable.
- Follow the advice of your dentist – You will be asked to wear the aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours in a day. Since Invisalign is a removable tray, you might feel like taking it out quite often. Make sure you remove them only at the time of eating, drinking, brushing or flossing to stay away from unwanted problems. You need to change your aligner braces according to the time span, as suggested by your Invisalign provider.
- Your mouth will need sometime to adjust – You will require at least some time to adjust with the clear aligners. Thus, you won’t suffer from any kind of discomfort or gum irritation that might occur due to permanent brackets or metal wires but you have to adjust with replacing or removing the aligners. Once you become used to wearing your braces, you won’t face any further problem in future.
- Maintain your teeth and keep them clean – As you have to wear braces all the time, saliva won’t rebuild on the surface of the tooth enamel. You need to rinse mouth properly after eating any food. This might compromise overall health of the enamel which can be highly susceptible to tooth cavities. Hence, you should try to keep your teeth clean and completely dirt free. Floss daily and go for mouth cleanings as well as routine check ups from the professionals to maintain them for a long time.
- Brush and clean the aligners properly – It is important to clean the braces properly every morning and evening in order to prevent strains and debris. Proper rinsing will keep the clear braces completely free from the accumulation of bacteria. You should not use soap with some smell in it as it can damage the braces badly. This can help to maintain your aligners for the specified time.
- Soak your clear aligners – Your Invisalign provider will tell you about the importance of cleaning your braces properly. You are advised to soak braces in water by using cleaning agent for at least 10 to 20 minutes and then brush them thoroughly after they are done. You may use cleaning solutions or soaps to clean the braces properly and avoid any kind of stains on them. Make sure you dry the aligners before wearing them in your mouth so that there isn’t any moisture from causing stains inside.
- Avoid eating or drinking with aligners – You can eat or drink anything when performing Invisalign in London but you should take them out when eating or drinking. These are specifically designed to straighten teeth but when you ear by wearing trays, this can make small food particles to get stuck in between your teeth. It is advised not to have hot drinks while you have your aligners and store the trays in a case when you need to take them out.
- Do not keep the trays open when you remove them – If you keep your aligner trays exposed, then this might lead to the accumulation of bacteria. You can also lose them when you do not store properly. Make sure you keep the braces in the case when you are not wearing them. It is necessary to rinse and soak properly before you wear them again inside your mouth.
- Use chewies to fix aligners properly – Chewies are actually soft devices that can help to chew and fix aligners thoroughly. When you bite, it can help to close any kind of gap in between the aligners and teeth. This actually makes it perfect fit and can help a lot in the treatment process. You may consult with your provider in case you find any issue for wearing the aligners inside your mouth.
- Plan in advance during your travel – Obviously, you do not want to postpone the treatment and so, you should plan in advance with your Invisalign provider to wear the next set of aligners on time. Thus, your treatment will not take much time than expected and you can be assured of straightening teeth for your improved look. It is a good decision to carry previous aligner if, by chance, you lose the present one when you are traveling.
- Smile with confidence – Often people do not like to smile and meet people as they suffer from the problem of uneven or crooked teeth. With Invisalign, you can regain your lost smile without any kind of discomfort of wearing the metal braces. You will look with confidence at the camera and click selfies to feel good about yourself. Also, your fear of not meeting friends and people will go when you wear gorgeous smile with confidence.
Thus, you are advised to listen to the advice of your dental expert at Adult Braces London and see the entire treatment process goes smoothly so that you can achieve greater success. This ensures you will not only improve your complete look but also feel confident about yourself. You need to talk to your Invisalign provider in case you have any queries related to the treatment and seek answers for them before performing it. Make sure you go for it only when you feel you need it the most. Here’s a great wish for a stress free journey when you undergo Invisalign method and have great smile for your future.